Monday, December 03, 2007

Eight Random Things (Thanks Simmy)

1. I am afraid of driving. Only a handful of people actually knew that (until now). I got into a car accident when I was 18 and was never able to get over it. The odd thing? It wasn't even that serious...but now, anytime I try to drive, my heart starts pounding out of my chest and I feel like I'm about to vomit. This wouldn't be so bad if I lived in lets say...New York...but I don't. So, my husband and sister usually have the job of driving me around, which REALLY sucks. Especially since overall, I'm a very independent person. It drives me nuts that this ONE thing makes me depend so heavily on others.

2. I enjoy sickeningly sweet people. I don't mean the fake heffers you want to kick in the mouth. No, I mean the genuine ones that you want to just put in your pocket and keep forever. Mind you, I don't come across that type of person very often but when I meet them, I hold on to them for dear life. A good example would be my husband. He's one of the most selfless people I've ever met. Sometimes I feel like I have to protect him from the big bad world. I know he makes it a full time job of protecting me :-)

3. I want to grow up and be just like my mom....Err, minus her off color humor (too late) and need to redecorate every two weeks. My mother is one of those people who is a survivor. Her childhood was crappy, my bio dad left us after a twelve year marriage, we had no money and had to live in the "ghetto" until she put herself through college. To make matters worse....she was living with Lupus. She manged to turn every negative situation around into something absolutely fabulous. Meaning, that even with our struggles, she produced three, well rounded, AWESOME children who all have very successful lives. Because of her and my stepdad, most of my life seemed like smooth sailing.... even with everything going on. How many people are blessed enough to say that? I hope that when I become a mother that I have her strength and wisdom.

4. My sister and I are working on a teleplay. I really can't tell you what it's about or I'd have to kill you. What I can say, is that one day, our teen drama will be on television...We just have too many stories and T.V. junkie experience for it not to!

5. My favorite sound is scissors cutting carpet. I know, WEIRD! But think about it and you'll have to admit, the sound IS pretty cool.

6. I've always wanted to visit San Diego. It started with me meeting this guy from there and he made it sound like this heavenly place to live if you were into surfing, being cool and partying. Now, mind you...I don't surf, I'm not "cool" nor do I like most parties...but I'd like to spend one day in that "Don't you want to go to cardio bar with me and afterwards pick up some fish tacos" lifestyle.

7. I went to a performing arts high school. I wasn't in the program, I just happened to live in the district where the magnet school was located. I did try my hand at drama though. It was pretty fun. It's much easier to be in front of a lot of people when you're pretending to be someone else. I used to often wonder how shy people could be actors. That answered my question.

8. I REALLY REALLY enjoy music. I cannot sing, play an instrument, or even dance...but I love love love when I discover a new band. One thing many artists don't know...and I'm telling you now kids....If you want to be famous, you should send me your album. For some reason, any and EVERY "underground...look we're so cool we'll never go mainstream" band I ever got into became really big. I just have lucky ears. Trust me! Wanna know what kind of music I like? Check the very bottom of my blog :-D

And that is that. Great, now I have to pass this thing on to others:
Nalirra Rosewood
Tuli Asturias
Zoey Pinkdot
Rosie Barthelmess
Iris Ophelia
Elikapeka Tiramisu
Ana Lutetia
Elexor Matador

1 comment:

Rosie Barthelmess said...

I had already done this, my dear! I would have tagged you but I figured you had already been tagged. I love, LOVE your eight facts and hope you'll come by to check mine out - scroll down just a little, you'll see 'em there. http://slrosie.com.

<3 <3 <3 and xoxoxoxoxo