Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Blog Cherry


Okay, like many others, I've jumped on the blogging bandwagon. YAY! My first topic of choice is, Why Design? As a newbie to Secondlife, those were my sentiments exactly. There were so many great content creators already that I could spend my money on, why make clothes? Well, it all started with my hubby of one year, Lonewolf Mackenzie. Being the fashion guru I am, he was totally convinced I'd have a knack for this whole making clothes business. I reminded him that I'd never touched Photoshop, but like a good hubby, he encouraged me to try anyway. He asked me to just make one thing...ONE...after that, I was hooked! Now, it's an obsession. I suprise myself sometimes and with each thing I make I try to do something a little different, a little--better! I design because with each creation, no matter how small, I learn something about myself. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. How do I handle praise, criticism, when I can't manage to get something just right? I've learned all these things about myself. With that being said, I have to show off one of my oldest outfits I have, Vitamin Ci-Brown Bamboo. It's totally photoscourced out the yang but I was so proud! If you remember where you came from, you'll never get lost!

No comments: